RV Roof Drilling & Wiring – Tips For Leak Free Success
When we purchased our 2015 Entegra Aspire we were new to the RV game and were not ready to take on a project as scary as drilling holes in our RV roof. We turned to our dealership to have ethernet wires run from our entertainment center in the coach to our RV roof to connect our WifiRanger wireless antenna. It turns out that turning to the experts isn’t always a great idea. After we got our sea legs a bit and spoke to other RV’ers we realized that the way the wires were sealed was not ideal. While self-leveling roof sealant is great stuff, relying on it solely to waterproof a bare wire coming through your RV roof isn’t a great idea at least not if you’re looking for a longterm solution.
In this video we remove the shoddy work and install a surface mount waterproof PVC conduit box that will not only be much more reliable and weatherproof but also a place where we can run additional wires to the inside of our coach should we need to in the future. This method can be used to run wires for solar, ethernet, cable tv, satellite and just about anything else you can think of!
- 4″x4″x2″ Weatherproof Junction Box – Amazon: https://amzn.to/2zscLw6 or Home Depot Link: Here
- Titanium Step Bit Set – Amazon: https://amzn.to/2zr1xIh
- Cat 5e QuickPort Terminations – Amazon: https://amzn.to/2xQ8PDq
- 18″ Wire-Pull Drill Bit for Drilling Roof – Amazon: https://amzn.to/2QWlXQ7
- Cable Gland Assortment – Amazon: https://amzn.to/2zr1Rqt
- EternaClean RV Roof Solvent/Cleaner – Amazon: https://amzn.to/2xFfh0R
- Dicor Roof Sealant – Amazon: (4pack white: https://amzn.to/2zs2YGs) (single white: https://amzn.to/2xNyInD)
- Super Flex Self Leveling Sealant Black – Camping World Link
- Cat5e/Cat6 Termination Ends – Amazon: https://amzn.to/2zrJdyL
- Dielectric Grease – Amazon: https://amzn.to/2zqXpbd – Home Depot Pump
- Excellent Roof Putty Knife – Amazon Link: https://amzn.to/2N1esEj
- Ethernet Termination Tool: Amazon Link: https://amzn.to/2DrQ92V
Interested in learning how to terminate ethernet cable?
Checkout this video on how to do it!