Lone Pine Campsites – Colchester, VT
Lone Pine Campsites is a family friendly, privately owned and beautifully maintained RV campground located in the Lake Champlain Valley of Vermont. If you are going up for the summer to enjoy the lake or in the fall to admire the foliage of the Green Mountains, Line Pine Campsite in Northern Vermont is the place to visit.
Name: Lone Pine Campsites – Vermont
Location: 52 Sunset View Rd. – Mallets Bay, Colchester, VT 05446
Type: RV Park
The Campground is located right on the shoreline of Lake Champlain next to Mallets Bay. It’s a quick 20 minutes drive to downtown Burlington, VT and about 40 minutes from the Canadian border. Check out our area review of downtown Burlington here.
The grounds are well groomed and the park has great security. We arrived after hours and their security crew was extremely nice and helped us find our site in the dark, ensuring we were all set for the evening. They have a total of 265 spots ranging from tent sites to 3-point/50 amp/pull through RV sites.
Their office with store is fully stocked with all kinds of items from soft serve ice cream to fire wood to clothes to RV needs. They are also known to be “Vermont’s Favorite Family Campground” and during our two-week stay I could definitely see why, with playgrounds, two swimming pools, pedal bike rentals and a weekly ride on their vintage fire truck, what a fun place to be a kid!
- Good Sam discounts
- Clean bathrooms
- Mini golf course
- Laundry facility
- Propane refills
- Additional dump stations
- Pet friendly
What we liked
- Friendly and Accommodating Staff
- The staff was so friendly and helpful. We decided to extend our stay and while they didn’t have the same spot available they placed us in an overflow spot. On our move day an employee came over to ensure we had everything we needed included a picnic table and dropped of a portable fire pit.
- Exceptionally Clean
- From the bathrooms to the grounds to the office and pool everything was clean and organized.
- Great Wifi
- Having a good wifi connection is also a major plus for us.
- Big Rig Friendly
- We loved that they had spacious sites along with pull-throughs. It always makes coming and going a little bit easier in our 45-footer.
What we didn’t like
- Close to the highway
- While we didn’t really have anything we didn’t like about this campground our one ‘this could have been better moment’ was the close proximity to a major highway and the directions off the highway to the campground were a little confusing. A few more signs on the way in would have been helpful.
Overall this campground was great. With a packed calendar of events, well maintained grounds, good Wifi, and friendly staff it was a very pleasant experience all around.
Would we stay again?
Yes, we would stay again!
LivinLite.net Ratings (10 max)
Accessibility – 7
Connectivity – 9
Cleanliness – 10
Staff – 10
Surroundings (local attractions) – 8.5