A Better Way to Create Checklists
Asana! This free online tool has been great in not only planning our RV trip but has made creating and personalizing our RV checklists a breeze (but you could use them anywhere). You can access Asana through the web or through the Asana app on your smart phone. Go ahead and set up a log in and create new projects (or in this case checklists) for tasks that need to be completed. So far I’ve created two RV checklists:
- ‘Pre-flight’ Checklist – this lists all tasks we need to complete before leaving any site
- Settling In Checklist – this list has all tasks for stopping or settling in for a night
Asana will give you the ability to –
- Easily rearrange your lists by clicking and dragging tasks in the order that works for you or your coach
- Give multiple people access to your projects and lists
- Assign certain tasks to different people (lets just say I assigned Erik to unplug the sewer pipe)
- Bring up the Asana app and have your checklists on your smart phone
- Don’t have a smart phone you can easily print your list right from the tool
- Provides the ability (or check box if printed) to mark tasks as completed once they are done
I’ve attached our two lists (highlighted above) and a sample view of my Asana page.
Feel free to use our attached lists and let us know if anything should be added, changed or removed. We are definitely open to any suggestions or tips.
Here is the link to the Asana website, https://app.asana.com/
Check it out and let us know if you found any other cool ways to use it!
What’s the down side?
At this time Asana required Internet access to display lists. Per their website they are currently working on creating an offline mode.
Don’t like Asana? Check out another alternative called Wunderlist. https://www.wunderlist.com Wunderlist currently supports offline mode as well, we found it excellent for basic checklists and it has a much more developed application. We chose Asana as our primary tool because it also doubles as a productivity tool for work and has tons of plugins that allow us to do just about everything including bill our clients every month. Whatever you decide to use please leave us your feedback and comments below.
See you on the road!