Mad Dash! Driving from Connecticut to New Mexico in 6 days – Impossible?
We have been quite boring travel bloggers these last few months as work took us back to Connecticut for the Summer. But its ok, that is behind us and we are back on the road!!
We wanted to pick up around where we left off… The Southwest! So what better way to jump start us on our trip than a 2,150 mile drive from Connecticut to Albuquerque, New Mexico for the International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta!
Now I know what you are thinking, ‘That’s easy for a RV’er. Traveling from one side of the US to the other – isn’t that the point?’ And yes, that is exactly the point but here’s the kicker – we are going to complete this drive in 5-6 days! That may not seem like a lot of driving but at almost 400 miles a day that means we will average almost 8 hours of driving for the entire adventure. That’s doable in a car with two drivers but with Kala working she isn’t able to to drive and lets just say a 65 foot rig isn’t like driving a Honda Civic. Impossible you say, well maybe – Check out our video to see how we did it, our mishaps along the way, and if we made it in time!
States Driven & Places Stayed:
- Connecticut – Home
- New York – Passing Through
- New Jersey – Passing Through
- Pennsylvania – Passing Through
- Maryland – Walmart in Haggardstown
- Virginia – Passing Through
- Tennessee – Walmart in Knoxville
- Arkansas – Walmart in Morrilton
- Oklahoma – Elk City RV Park (for water and dump station)
- Texas – Passing Through
- New Mexico – Xscapers Rally – Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta!
Lifesaving Tools & Apps:
- Smart RV Route: Our Primary Phone Based GPS for Route Planning
- All Stays – The Definitive Guide to Truck Stops, Walmarts, Campgrounds, Low Bridges and More!
A big thank you to Pictramap.com for providing the animated maps we used in this post.