Dimmable LED Install – Natural Light in your RV
Did your RV sell you on the energy saving benefits of LED like Entegra Coach did to us? Ours did, but once we started living in it we realized some of the LED lights were ultra bright or “cool white” non-dimmable LED lights that were extremely harsh on the eyes. If you want your RV to feel like a corporate office building, or a hospital room then cool white is definitely the lights you should choose. For us, not so much, we prefer a warmer, traditional light and we also want those lights to dim.
In this video we replace the cool, harsh white LED lights installed by Entegra with dimmable warm white LED lights that are much easier on the eyes.
Materials List – Amazon Links
- Dimmable LED Recessed Lights (2 pack) $13.00 or Bigger Projects (6 pack) $30.00
- LED Dimmer Switch – $29.95
- Heat Shrink or Automotive Grade Electrical Tape – Under $10.00 – Best to buy at auto parts/retailer locally
- Soldering Kit (good or cheap) or Wire Connector Terminals & Crimper – Various prices, see links
- Wire – 2 pair LED Wire, 30FT – $8.00
- 2″ hole saw & Cordless Drill – Great hole saw hit for $10.00, also great drill but use what you have!
- Moving Blankets & Safety Glasses – These safety glasses actually rock, but in this video i’m wearing cycling glasses that double as my safety’s since they come with 5 lenses. Oh also don’t buy a moving blanket from amazon, find an old sheet!
(note: the dimmer comes pre wired with a black, white, and red wire – match up the colors to the diagram below)
No questions to big or too small. Just ask.. What do you have to loose? Ask below in the comments section. That is where we can reply and also show other people answers to duplicate questions. Thanks and see you on the road!